Sascha: Thanks for the links

Would you know how to contact poma ?
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg24890.html

I will be getting more info from Realtek soon.
I did not realize that they were putting out updated drivers.

Once the status becomes more clear, I'll update
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Realtek_RTL2831U

Sascha Wüstemann wrote:
Thomas Holzeisen wrote:
Hi there,

I tried to get an RTL2831U dvb-t usb-stick running with a more recent kernel
(2.6.38) and failed.

The hg respository ~jhoogenraad/rtl2831-r2 aborts on countless drivers, the rc
coding seem have to
changed a lot since it got touched the last time.

The hg respository ~anttip/rtl2831u wont compile as well, since its even older.

The recent git respositories for media_tree and anttip dont contain drivers for
the rtl2831u.

Has this device been abandoned, or is anyone working on it?

greetings,
Thomas

There are still people working on it and there is new sources, e.g. look at
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg24890.html
at the very bottom. Worked like a charm at my system with kernel 2.6.39.

I think, there will be announcements later at
http://wiki.zeratul.org/doku.php?id=linux:v4l:realtek:start

Greetings from Braunschweig, Germany.
Sascha

Jan Hoogenraad