2011/6/20 Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@redhat.com>:
> Em 20-06-2011 17:24, HoP escreveu:

>>> Yes, this is entirely a political issue and not a technical one.
>>
>> Political? So we can declare that politics win (again) technicians. Sad.
>
> This is not a political issue. It is a licensing issue. If you want to use
> someone's else code, you need to accept the licensing terms that the
> developers
> are giving you, by either paying the price for the code usage (on closed
> source
> licensing models), or by accepting the license when using an open-sourced
> code.
>
> Preserving the open-source eco-system is something that everyone
> developing open source expect: basically, you're free to do whatever
> you want, but if you're using a code written by an open-source developer,
> the expected behaviour that GPL asks (and that the developer wants, when he
> opted for GPL) is that you should return back to the community with any
> changes you did, including derivative work. This is an essential rule of
> working
> with GPL.
>
> If you're not happy with that, that's fine. You can implement another stack
> that is not GPL-licensed.

Mauro, you totally misunderstood me. If you see on my first post in that thread
I was sending full GPL-ed driver to the mailinglist.

I simply didn't expect that my source will be refused because of worrying
about misuse it to the bad things(tm).

Note again: I did it GPLed and opensourced, I never ever thought about
binary blobs or some other closed stuffs!

/Honza