Em 21-06-2011 09:34, HoP escreveu:

>> For that to happen, it should not try to use any Dreambox specific
>> application
>> or protocol, but to just use the standard DVBv5 API, as you've pointed.
>
> OK, If there is some change to not totally refuse such driver, then I will
> be happy to refactor code this way.

Ok. Please address Andreas comments.

It is probably a good idea for you to take a look at the  Linux namespaces
(search for LXC - Linux Containers), as it may be interesting to also add
the possibility of using separate cgroups for either the client or the server
side. The network stack is/were re-designed to use namespaces, but we didn't
make any changes at the media stack yet.

Some care should be taken at the protocol side, to avoid using something that
might be patented.

Cheers,
Mauro