On 2011-08-30 10:07, Enrico wrote:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Gary Thomas<g...@mlbassoc.com>  wrote:
Yes, that helped a lot.  When I create the devices by hand, I can now see
my driver starting to be accessed (right now it's very much an empty stub)

From your logs it seems you are using a tvp5150, i've posted a patch
[1] for tvp5150 that makes it very close to work, it could be faster
to debug it instead of starting from scratch.

Enrico

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg37116.html

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Your note says that /dev/video* is properly registered.  Does this
mean that udev created them for you on boot as well?  If so, what
version of udev are you using?  What's your root file system setup?
n.b. I'm using an OpenEmbedded variant, Poky

Thanks