On 2011-08-30 10:36, Enrico wrote:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Gary Thomas<g...@mlbassoc.com>  wrote:
Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Your note says that /dev/video* is properly registered.  Does this
mean that udev created them for you on boot as well?  If so, what
version of udev are you using?  What's your root file system setup?
n.b. I'm using an OpenEmbedded variant, Poky

They are not created on boot but when i modprobe omap3-isp (and
tvp5150 gets automatically loaded).

Udev is version 173 and i'm using Angstrom, an OpenEmbedded (core) variant too.

Anyway when developing the patch it happened to me too that i had
those subdev open errors, but if i remember correctly only for tvp5150
so it was something wrong in my code.

And if i continue to remember correctly it was because you had to set
the V4L2_SUBDEV_FL_HAS_DEVNODE after calling v4l2_i2c_subdev_init.
Seems nonsense but this is what i remember, actually this is what the
mt9v032 driver does.

Yes, without that setting, the tvp device doesn't register a proper v4l_subdev
node.

I'm getting the devices created, i.e. they exist in /sys, but just
not in /dev.  I'll see if I can run a new udev - maybe that will fix it.

Thanks