Hi Tomasz,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Tomasz Stanislawski
<t.stanisl...@samsung.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> This patchset is an incremental patch to patchset created by Sumit Semwal [1].
> The patches are dedicated to help find a better solution for support of buffer
> sharing by V4L2 API.  It is expected to start discussion on the final
> installment for dma-buf in vb2-dma-contig allocator.  Current version of the
> patches contain little documentation. It is going to be fixed after achieving
> consensus about design for buffer exporting.  Moreover the API between
> vb2-core
> and the allocator should be revised.

I like your approach in general quite a bit.

May I request you, though, to maybe split it over into two portions -
the preparation patches, and the exporter portion. This would help as
the exporter portion is quite dependent on dma_get_pages and
dma-mapping patches. (Maybe also indirectly on DRM prime?)

With that split, we could try to target the preparation patches for
3.4 while we continue to debate on the exporter patches? I just saw
the dma-mapping pull request from Marek, so the dependencies might
become available soon.

If you agree, then I can post the patch version of my 'v4l2 as dma-buf
user' patches, [except the patch that you've included in this series]
so we can try to hit 3.4 merge window.

<snip>
Best regards,
~Sumit.