On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 05/12/2012 09:26 PM, Alfredo Jesús Delaiti wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks for your response Hans and Patrick
>>
>> Maybe I doing wrong this, because it reports twice:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg45199.html
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg44846.html
>

> In your last message you indicate that you've found the patch causing it,
> and that you were looking into figuring which bit of the patch actually
> breaks things, so I guess people reading the thread were / are
> waiting for you to follow up on it with the results of your attempts
> to further isolate the cause.
>
> What I were do if I were you is send a mail directly to the author
> of the patch causing the problems, with what you've discovered
> about the problem sofar in there, and put the list in the CC.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Steven loaned me his HVR-1850 board last week, and I'm hoping to debug
the regression this week (I have an HVR-1800 that is also effected).
I suspect the problem is related to a codepath for the cx23888's
onboard DIF being executed for 885 based boards.  Steven did a whole
series of patches to make the cx23888 work properly and I think a
regression snuck in there.  Simply backing out the change isn't the
correct fix.

I've got all the boards and the datasheets - I just need to find a bit
of time to get the current tree installed onto a machine and plug in
the various boards...

In short, it's in my queue so please be patient.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com