Em 27-05-2012 13:56, Mauro Carvalho Chehab escreveu:
> The Kconfig building system is improperly selecting some drivers,
> like analog TV tuners even when this is not required.
>
> Rearrange the Kconfig in a way to prevent that.
>
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab (3):
>   media: reorganize the main Kconfig items
>   media: Remove VIDEO_MEDIA Kconfig option
>   media: only show V4L devices based on device type selection
>
>  drivers/media/Kconfig               |  114
> +++++++++++++++++++++++------------
>  drivers/media/common/tuners/Kconfig |   64 ++++++++++----------
>  drivers/media/dvb/frontends/Kconfig |    1 +
>  drivers/media/radio/Kconfig         |    1 +
>  drivers/media/rc/Kconfig            |   29 ++++-----
>  drivers/media/video/Kconfig         |   76 +++++++++++++++++------
>  drivers/media/video/m5mols/Kconfig  |    1 +
>  drivers/media/video/pvrusb2/Kconfig |    1 -
>  drivers/media/video/smiapp/Kconfig  |    1 +

The organization between DVB only, V4L only and hybrid devices are somewhat
confusing on our tree. From time to time, someone proposes changing one driver
from one place to another or complains that "his device is DVB only but it is
inside the V4L tree" (and other similar requests). This sometimes happen because
the same driver can support analog only, digital only or hybrid devices.

Also, one driver may start as a DVB only or as a V4L only and then
it can be latter be converted into an hybrid driver.

So, the better is to rearrange the drivers tree, in order to fix this issue,
removing them from /video and /dvb, and storing them on a better place.

So, my proposal is to move all radio, analog TV, digital TV, webcams and grabber
bridge drivers to this arrangement:

drivers/media/isa - ISA drivers
drivers/media/usb - USB drivers
drivers/media/pci - PCI/PCIe drivers
drivers/media/platform - platform drivers

Comments?

Regards,
Mauro

-

PS.: for now, I don't intend to touch at I2C/ancillary drivers. We may latter
move
the i2c drivers that aren't frontend/tuners to media/i2c or to media/common.