On 07/04/2012 04:27 PM, Fisher Grubb wrote:
Of course I wouldn't be surprised if people will have to reverse
engineer it from the windows drivers but I thought I would mention it.
  I could not find any info on this 750 HD on www.linuxtv.org regarding
where it stands.  What help is needed for it?

Chips:
ATI:
T507
0930
MADE IN TAIWAN
P0U493.00
215-0692014

T507 driver is the missing piece. I suspect that SoC integrates many chips, USB-bridge (with IR etc.), DVB-T demodulator and analog decoder. Getting it work as DVB-T device is not mission impossible even without a specs. Reverse-engineering is fun ;-)

Generally speaking DVB-bridge is very simple, no problems at all to reverse. DVB demodulator is little bit harder but still possible without loosing even sensitivity. What you lose is configuration options like how IF frequency, SNR, BER is calculated. Tuners are most tricky as there is all kind of calibration routines etc. but in that case tuner driver exists.

NXP:
TDA18271HDC2
P3KN4 02
PG09361

That TDA18271 driver already exists - even two different drivers.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/