Thanks for your reply Steven. I'll reply inline also.

El 13/08/12 15:20, Steven Toth escribió:
I've been working for some time with those devices, and recently I have
a problem which I've never seen before. The point is that I tune
properly frequency and I start watching all channels, but after some
time  one or 2 tuners stops, and you cannot tune again any frequency
until you reboot all server.
Interesting. If it was previously working fine, and very reliably,
then what has changed in your software stack or environment?

What happens if you rmmod and modprobe the driver? Does this help?
I tryed 2 times and it didn't work. I did some tests, the most interesting part is that sometimes, it recovers with a restart script that I have. maybe at this point it's better that I explain full situation with details, so you know better.

I have a lot of linux systems working arround world for TV recording. Some of them are for DVB-S recording. I'm using this cards for sometime now and it's the first time that I see this problem, and only in one country. For example we say that we have 2 countries, A and B. The point here is that country A, which I live, I have this system working for 2 years, and I never saw this problem (it works with kernel drivers and debian squeeze amd64). On the other side, country B , I had this cards working fine before with another operating system (fedora 64). We switched some time ago operating system and now we have debian on all countries. Now in country B and debian kernel drivers, is the first time I see this problem (kernel them are using is exactly same .deb package which I compiled to allow more than 16 dvb adapters to be pluged on a system). I've replaced physical cards for new ones, and the problem still persists. After introducing a little hardware and operating system now I start explaining more detailed the problem.

Right now in digital systems, we use one app to tune and demultiplex and other to record files. When you start the system, it tunes everything OK, and it starts recording. After some time (always random), some tuners leave working (always same transponders, it happens also trying on another card), then my record software detects it and restarts the tuning instance. I think the main problem (when stops working) is that sometimes there is little loss in signal, but it should recover normal on aplication restart. But there are 2 transponders that can't restart normally. it tryes for some attemps, but you allways have the same results. No lock, no carrier, no signal. The interesting point here, is that if I restart full server, it works again (but I don't want to have a server rebooting 3 or 5 times a day...).

I've checked syslog, dmesg, kernel log and there isn't any trace about any hardware or software issue :(

The problem is cronic, is allways there. And the only recover solution that I found is to reboot server.

Also I tryed last git drivers, compiling myself, but doesn't work with this card and debian OS.
One thing very strange there is that always are the same tuners which
fails. Signal is OK.
Do you mean it's always the same physical card that fails, or any of
your nova-s-plus cards fail in the same way?

I don't have any error on syslog nor dmesg. And once you reboot it works
again.

Have anyone seen this problem before and can help me please?
I haven't seen this before.