> And regarding 2 hours, normally it's about 2 or 3 days before fails.
> Sometimes it's some hours later. Totally random. For example today I
> restarted this morning, and no failure for the moment on any of both
> transponders.
>
> The problem is really very strange.

Hmm. I don't know then.

Other Hauppauge commercial customers are using those cards 7x24 with
no problem, although I don't know with which kernel and or/driver
version.

My guess is that the the PCI reset which occurs during a reboot is
fixing or resolving some issue with either an internal CX23883 issue
(unlikely) or more likely, the tuner/demod/LNB power block becomes
unstable, is not reset by reloading the driver (as it should be) and
the only course of action is a full reboot.

I just don't know why other users would not be seeing that.

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com