On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:58:53AM +0300, Timo Kokkonen wrote:
> It appears that all "modern" lirc drivers are now using the rc-core
> functionalities to implement the common stuff. When the rx51 lirc driver
> was first written, the core was not in place yet. Therefore it is
> implementing the file operations in the driver, which other rc drivers
> won't do today.
>
> So, I think it would make sense to modify the rx51 driver to use the rc
> core functionality. But if there is an ABI change ongoing, I could wait
> until you have that done before I start working on the change?

There is no immediate need for porting to rc-core, AFAIK. OTOH I suspect
that only some of the drivers using rc-core will only need to have their
tx_ir method modified for a new sending/receiving ABI, so it shouldn't
stop you. If anything it might make the driver smaller.

At the moment I'm only just put initial patches together so I don't know
when I or anyone else will have this finished.

Sean