On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Another Sillyname
<anothersn...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have an Elgato Eye TV V2 USB device  USB ID 0fd9:002c which reading here....
>
> https://github.com/mirrors/linux-2.6/blob/master/drivers/staging/media/as102/as102_usb_drv.h
>
> Looks like it should be supported (it looks like Devin wrote some of
> the code?)......it gets recognised in dmesg and indeed lsusb sees it,
> but no firmware is loaded (I have the required as102 files in
> /lib/firmware) and in effect it never 'initialises'.

Hi Tony,

Sorry, I saw your email yesterday but forgot to reply.  The issue is
that the as102 is still in "staging", so it won't appear in mainline
kernels by default.  You would need to install the media_build tree,
run "make menuconfig", enable "staging drivers" and then enable the
"as102" bridge.

The messages you are seeing in dmesg and lsusb are just the kernel
finding the hardware at a USB level - these messages will appear
whether there is a driver or not for the actual device.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com