Hi Laurent,

First of all, sorry, I am currently on a holiday, so, replies are delayed,
real work (reviewing or anything else) is impossible.

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> On Friday 26 December 2014 11:38:11 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>
> [snip]

> > > Given that v4l2_clk_get() is only used by soc-camera drivers and that they
> > > all call it with the clock name set to "mclk", I wonder whether we
> > > couldn't just get rid of struct v4l2_clk.id and ignore the id argument to
> > > v4l2_clk_get() when CCF isn't available. Maybe we've overdesigned
> > > v4l2_clk :-)
> >
> > Sure, that'd be fine with me, if everyone else agrees.
>
> Can you submit a patch ? That's the best way to find out if anyone objects.

Can do, sure, once I am back home and find time for this.

> [snip]

> > > Please see above.

> > > After a quick check it looks like only OMAP1 and SH Mobile are missing.
> > > Atmel, MX2, MX3 and R-Car all support CCF. PXA27x has CCF support but
> > > doesn't enable it yet for an unknown (to me) reason.
> > >
> > > The CEU driver is used on both arch/sh and arch/arm/mach-shmobile. The
> > > former will most likely never receive CCF support, and the latter is
> > > getting fixed. As arch/sh isn't maintained anymore I would be fine with
> > > dropping CEU support for it.
> > >
> > > OMAP1 is thus the only long-term show-stopper. What should we do with it ?
> >
> > Indeed, what should we? :)
>
> You're listed as the soc-camera maintainer, so you should provide an answer
> that question :-)

Thanks for ar reminder;)

> I'll propose one, let's drop the omap1-camera driver (I've
> CC'ed the original author of the driver to this e-mail).

Let's see what they reply, but I don't tgink Josh will want to wait that
long. And until omap1 is in the mainline we cannot drop v4l2_clk.

Thanks
Guennadi