Hey,

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 12:07 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A college of mine has a baytrail bases tablet:
>
> http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v975w-quad-core-win-8-tablet-9-7-inch-retina-screen-ram-2gb-wifi-32gb.html
>
> And he is trying to get Linux to run on it, he has things mostly
> working, but he would also like to get the cameras to work.
>
> I've found this:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/e3845mipi/files/
>
> Which is some not so pretty code, with the usual problems of using
> custom ioctls to pass info from the statistics block of the isp
> to userspace and then let some userspace thingie (blob?) handle it.
>
> So I was wondering if anyone is working on proper support
> (targeting upstream) for this ? It would be nice if we could at least
> get the csi bits going, using the sensors or software auto-whitebal, etc.
> for now.

As I mentioned to Hans in private, I would be ready to provide the
hardware for somebody with a track record to keep, to allow testing and
hopefully maintaining that code longer term.

I would expect that this sort of hardware is already quite common
amongst Windows 8 tablets so it would be very helpful to have working
out-of-the-box on a stock Linux.

Cheers