Em Mon, 16 Feb 2015 22:01:07 +0200
Antti Palosaari <cr...@iki.fi> escreveu:

> Moikka!
>
> On 02/16/2015 09:48 PM, Philip Downer wrote:
> > The Vortex PCIe card by Prospero Technologies Ltd is a modular DVB card
> > with a hardware demux, the card can support up to 8 modules which are
> > fixed to the board at assembly time. Currently we only offer one
> > configuration, 8 x Dibcom 7090p DVB-t tuners, but we will soon be releasing
> > other configurations. There is also a connector for an infra-red receiver
> > dongle on the board which supports RAW IR.
> >
> > The driver has been in testing on our systems (ARM Cortex-A9, Marvell Sheva,
> > x86, x86-64) for longer than 6 months, so I'm confident that it works.
> > However as this is the first Linux driver I've written, I'm sure there are
> > some things that I've got wrong. One thing in particular which has been
> > raised by one of our early testers is that we currently register all of
> > our frontends as being attached to one adapter. This means the device is
> > enumerated in /dev like this:
> >
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
> >
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr1
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1
> >
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend2
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr2
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux2
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > Whilst I think this is ok according to the spec, our tester has complained
> > that it's incompatible with their software which expects to find just one
> > frontend per adapter. So I'm wondering if someone could confirm if what
> > I've done with regards to this is correct.
>
> As I understand all those tuners are independent (could be used same
> time) you should register those as a 8 adapters, each having single
> frontend, dvr and demux.

Yeah, creating one adapter per device is the best solution, if you
can't do things like:

        frontend0 -> demux2 -> dvr5

If such configuration is allowed, then the best is to use the media
controller API. The patches for it were just added. Yet, userspace
programs are not aware, as this will be merged upstream only for
Kernel 3.21. For now, the media controller API is still experimental.

Regards,
Mauro