Hi Lars,

My thanks as well for your comments.

I'd like to add some background information as well as to why we move
the core CEC support into the kernel: the main reason for doing this
is to support the HEAC part of the CEC protocol. Specifically the ARC
support and handling the hotplug detect CEC/HEAC messages. This has to
be handled in the kernel and cannot be left to userspace. While the
current framework does not yet handle these messages support for this
will appear, probably later this year since I will have to work on ARC.

Out of curiosity: have you ever seen CEC adapters that implement the
ethernet part of HEAC? My understanding is that nobody uses that part
since wifi is the standard these days. But perhaps you know of examples
where it was actually implemented.