Hi Hans,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 09:25:51AM +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> I was fixing a sparse warning in media_entity_pads_init() and I noticed
> that that function always returns 0. Any reason why this can't be changed
> to a void function?

I was thinking of the same function but I had a different question: why
would one call this *after* entity->graph_obj.mdev is set? It is set by
media_device_register_entity(), but once mdev it's set, you're not expected
to call pads_init anymore...

I'm fine making this return void.

> That return value is checked a zillion times in the media code. By making
> it void it should simplify code all over.
>
> See e.g. uvc_mc_init_entity in drivers/media/usb/uvc/uvc_entity.c: that
> whole function can become a void function itself.

Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ai...@iki.fi     XMPP: sai...@retiisi.org.uk