Hi!

> It's part of the v4l-utils git repo:
>
> https://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git/

> > > Anyway, does anyone know where to get the media-ctl tool?
> >
> > Looks like it is part of v4l-utils package. At least in git:
> > https://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git/tree/utils/media-ctl
> >
> > > It does not seem to be in debian 7 or debian 8...
> >
> > I do not see it in debian too, but there is some version in ubuntu:
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/media-ctl
> >
> > So you can compile ubuntu dsc package, should work on debian.
>
> Finally, it is also in debian, see:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&arch=any&mode=path&searchon=contents&keywords=media-ctl
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/v4l-utils/filelist

Thanks for the pointers. It seems that new debian contains media-ctl,
but I'm using older one, so I compiled it from source. Could not find
yavta, either, but that was very easy to pull from git and compile.

Best regards,
                                                                        Pavel

(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html