On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Wolfgang Pausch wrote:

> > Running unpriviledged in low feature mode
> > kernel CPU speed is 700000038 Hz
> > Running on CPU=586, FPU=1
> > using stderr for debug-output
> > debug flags: -a+i

you might want to use -D+i, this gives a little more context.

> > PORT: allow_io for port 0x03b8:1 perm=3 or=0 and=ff

for some reason dosemu is allowed direct r/w access to port 0x3b8. Did you
specify something in dosemu.conf to do that, for instance, in $_ports?

Also from this I may assume that you are running dosemu as root (or
suid-root)?

> > ERROR: PORT: conflicting devices: VGAEmu Mono/Hercules Card & std port io
> > ERROR: PORT: conflicting devices: VGAEmu Mono/Hercules Card & std port io

yes. if you give direct access to port 0x3b8 then it can't be emulated as
well.

> > PORT: 0x3ce can't be mapped to handle 0x1(0x6)

> Are the two lines starting with ERROR: PORT: ... important? Is there a
> way to fix the problem (if it is one)?

yes, disallow direct port access (if running xdosemu that is) :-)

> And is this problem the reason for the lines with "PORT: ... can't be
> mapped to ..."? How can I get rid of them?

by hacking DOSEMU. There is something left to clean up in
extra_port_init() in src/emu-i386/ports.c. But these messages are
harmless.

You haven't mentioned what kind of program you want to run. So your
question is somewhat vague and I'm not sure what you are trying to
accomplish.

Bart