i had a number of cga/vga games working in dosemu at one time.  battle chess,
commanderkeen, mario,,,.  i have not been able to get tem running even with the
same dosemu.conf files.  maybe this is why.  when did this start?

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Awhile back I tried getting graphics to work in dosemu on some linux
> distros I was playing with at the time. Sadly, I was totally unsuccessful.
> I realized after reading the docs that one had to disable video/bios
> shadowing in order to use graphics. The problem is, my computer (HP8570C)
> *does not* have any setting in the bios that lets you do this. So I guess
> that means I can't run dosemu in a graphical mode on my computer at all eh?
> What I don't quite understand is WHY do you have to disable video/bios
> shadowing to get graphics working in the first place?! I tried searching
> the web/usenet for information but apparently no one ever decided to write
> a technical document to explain why video/bios shadowing in dosemu must be
> disabled. I still think that perhaps this is some kind of quick hack that
> was put into dosemu to get graphics to work. Did it have to be programmed
> this way or was there another way graphic support in dosemu could've been
> implemented without having to require video/bios shadowing to be disabled?
> It would be great if there's another solution to get graphics working in
> dosemu without having to disable video/bios shadowing. To tell you the
> truth, i've been a windows user for quite awhile now (started with win3.1
> and i'm now using win98se) although i've used linux/bsd/solaris/etc...
> through shell accounts i've acquired over the years and from playing around
> with linux distros that are configured to run on top of a dos partition.
> Ultimately, I hope to make a complete transition to linux from wind0ze (I
> already purchased suse linux to try out). I'm guessing i'm going to have to
> go the dual boot route and keep a seperate windows partition behind to run
> my dos/windows games since i've come to realize that both dosemu/wine are
> still premature. If it wasn't for some of the technical problems with both
> emulators (probably due to microsoft's monopoly on *stuff*), I would
> quickly switch from windows to linux in a heart beat and say ados micros~1
> heh :P
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-msdos" in

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux