On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, phrostie wrote:

> > not support this video card and does not open up enough ports.
> >
> what ports?
> could you expand on this part?

That is video card dependent - you have to run with the debug flags as I
explained before to find out which ones.

> also, i was wondering, does dosemu currently rely on Xfree being version 4.x or
> newer?  MDK7.0 was the last dist that i've used that came with 3.3.6 as the
> default.  i forget which but there was another application that i was having
> trouble with that(i was told) required xlibs for 4.x.

xdos(emu) does not rely on X being 3 or 4.

The dos(emu) we're talking about here, using console graphics, is
completely independent of X.

dos(emu) in a terminal is X independent too, but without graphics.

Bart