On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Björn Tappert wrote:

> I have a problem with the mouse support.
> When I run "System Shock" (pc game, cool, isn't it?) in my dosbox, I can
> move the mouse and see the mouse spot moving correctly on screen.
> But if I press a button, you can see the mouse spot in upper left corner, so
> doesn't metter where I press an button, the Game always does whether I press
> it in left upper corner. Any Ideas?

This is a known problem with certain window managers. There are three ways
out
a) try another window manager
b) move the mouse a little bit whilst the button is pressed
c) try dosemu 1.1.5 (it's still in development; not that it's
unstable at the moment, it's just that we have 175 glitches (or so it
seems...) to solve...). DOSEMU 1.1.5 solves your problem.

> Second Problem:
> How can I test whether the sound support is working correctly?
> Is there a test-program or sth. like that?
> Does anyone have ideas how to run SystemShock with sound?

sound support is poor in 1.0.2 as well. Here a development version is the
only way out.

Bart