On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, James B. Hiller wrote:

> > Problem is that the case where new_len==0 was a security hole. Linus went
> > one step further and also disallowed old_len==0. This is not a security
> > hole, but deals with a somewhat tricky (and apart for source code
> > undocumented) interface that DOSEMU happens to use. Hopefully Linus or
> > Andrew Morton can revert it and apply this patch.
>
> Is it something you've sent in?

yes. Linus applied it, see
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
and LKML

> > As long as you don't use DPMI the workaround is enough for 1.0.2.1.
>
> Didn't have DPMI turned on in dosemu.conf (it's set to (off)), so unless
> it's getting set on elsewhere that I wouldn't know about, seems to be
> something more than this.
>
> Just curious - would you recommend going to 1.1.99?  I've got the tar
> sitting here, just in case.

In general there's no point upgrading if something works fine.

1.1.99 is much better if you want better sound, networking, DPMI (e.g.
the newer games, DOOM and later), VGA emulation, fullscreen in X, ...

Bart