On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, jegunn wrote:

> Thanks. I tried this a little while before I got your reply; the
> performance is *very* sensitive to the setting; 3 is more-or-less
> OK, but better with zero. I was using 1 before with 1.0.2.1. Did
> the priority code change between these versions?

yes, certainly. You may even want to try 1.2.1 and see how that behaves,
since there were a few changes between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 that can be
regressions in certain cases (we'll have to look at this more closely).

There's a big difference between hogthreshold 1 and 2, then to 3 4 5 etc
it goes more gradually.

With "0" you pretty much have dosemu using 100% CPU all the time; with say
"10" it will still sleep most of the time at the DOS prompt for instance.

Bart