Hello Ray -

I got to thinking (a dangerous thing for me to do sometimes), but what if
I log completely off and reboot to root.  Seems when I log on as *user*
and change to *su* in a term window, I can't do anything.  So I rebooted,
typed in *root* and my password, went to conf.modules, gnotepad, added the
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc line, saved and exited with no problem!
Couldn't believe that my idea worked.  Can't figure though why I cannot do
this from the terminal window.

Anyway, could you suggest a printer to choose for my HP DeskJet 820Cse?  I
tried several, and attempted test page printing, but got nothing.

Thanks for all your help!

Regards,

Dick