"ext Paul Walmsley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> this is the second version of the OMAP PM interface patch.
>
> Major changes since the first version:
>
> 1. Jouni Hogander suggested that the set_max_cpu_lat() function be
>    merged into set_max_dev_wakeup_lat(), when set_max_dev_wakeup_lat()
>    is called with the CPU0 sys_device (via get_cpu_sysdev(0)).  He feels
>    that this will be easier for device driver developers to use.  This
>    change has been made.

I just noticed that this won't work. We have this declaration:

(*pdata->set_max_dev_wakeup_lat)(struct device *dev, unsigned long t)

In case of cpu it is not possible to underlying code to identify the
caller. This derives a question should we have parameter for caller
identification in set_max_dev_wakeup_lat()?

I mean currently we are assuming that there is only one caller for
each device. Is this correct assumination? If we think
e.g. busses. There might be drivers for devices on some specific
bus. Each of them might want to set latency constraint for the bus.

--
Jouni Högander