Hi Paul,
On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 16:14 -0700, ext Paul Walmsley wrote:
> Hi Tomi,
>
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
>
> > I don't know much about power and clock domains, but I believe I found
> > the reason and fix for this. At least this should point to the right
> > direction.
> >
> > It looks to me that when I do clk_enable() to a clock which is inside a
> > turned off powerdomain, clk_enable() function will return before the
> > powerdomain is fully turned on. Reading PM_PWSTST_DSS shows that the
> > powerdomain is still in transition state.
> >
> > The following change waits until the powerdomain has finished the
> > transition. At least it fixed the problem for me, and other things seem
> > to be still working =).
>
> Nice work - this makes sense.  Tested your patch here also.

Just a thought:
wouldn't this feature be required in basically every similar case?

And if yes, wouldn't it be better to embed it into clk_enable() so that
the driver code doesn't have to address it explicitly and can be more
easily shared across different OMAP architectures?

--

Cheers, Igor

---

Igor Stoppa
Maemo Software - Nokia Devices R&D - Helsinki