From: Tony Lindgren <t...@atomide.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 09:54
To: Michael Trimarchi
Cc: Casper Lyngesen Mogensen; Ash Charles; linux-omap@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: OMAP 3630 random crashes

* Michael Trimarchi <mich...@amarulasolutions.com> [140630 06:49]:

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Casper Lyngesen Mogensen
> <clmogen...@grundfos.com> wrote:
> >
> > I got two new Overo AirStorm today, and they have same behavior. I tried
> > disabling
> > the SMSC9xxx again and booted from MMC. This seems to make the backtrace a
> > little more consistent(Tried on both new and old). There is (almost) always
> > something
> > about Alignment trap, the crash log itself differs every time. Also i get
> > to allocate a lot
> > more memory before crash with these settings.
>
> What kernel version are you using?

We should have v3.15 working fine, but PM features are not merged
in util for v3.16.

I would try dding calls to omap_sdrc_init to pdata-quirks.c
the same way board-over.c is doing:

omap_sdrc_init(mt46h32m32lf6_sdrc_params,
                        mt46h32m32lf6_sdrc_params);

If the memory timings are not correctly set by the bootloader
that could explain the issues.

Regards,

Tony