Hi Luke,

Luke-Jr wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 January 2010 05:24:56 pm Francisco Alecrim wrote:
>> Luke-Jr wrote:
>>> Tested on Nokia N810 in Linux-OMAP tree. Mainline is not bootable yet.
>> I'm with some problems to boot-up latest l-o(commit
>> abb74381235a05f15a3b07e9e3831034942c67fb) with n810. The error message
>> can be found below and full boot output in the end of email.
>>
>> dsme: No correct bootreason found, entering the malfunction state
>
> That's DSME, part of Maemo userland. You can possibly write a LD_PRELOAD
> workaround if you want to run it anyway...

I tried but it doesn't work. I included a line to print the
/proc/bootreason value and there is no bootreason. :P

cat: /proc/bootreason: No such file or directory

I guess that's the problem.

>> What rootfs do you use? Did you change initfs?
>
> Gentoo. I modified my initfs to chainload its init if a new kernel is running.

I don't know how to do it. Could you send me yours?

> Unfortunately, I have come to the realisation that moving forward with the
> Linux port to N8x0 would take me more time than simply spending the same time
> doing paid work and buying a N900* or Pandora instead. So short some other
> reimbursement for porting Linux to N8x0 (like maybe a promise of BME sources
> or a N900 after the rest is done to finish the job), I'm probably not going
> spend any more time on it. :(

Maybe, you're right. Or they can produce something using a SoC cheaper
than OMAP3.

> Luke
>
> * N900 is supposedly mostly mainlined already, and supposedly Nokia will
> actually finish the job with unlike N8x0; it also has nicer hardware, even if
> you just ignore the cellular capabilities

Thank you! :)
Alecrim