On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:48 AM, David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>> +#ifdef CONFIG_USB_MUSB_OTG
>> +    .mode
>>         = MUSB_OTG,
>> +#elif defined(CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC_HCD)
>> +    .mode
>>         = MUSB_HOST,
>> +#elif defined(CONFIG_USB_GADGET_MUSB_HDRC)
>>      .mode
>>         = MUSB_PERIPHERAL,
>> +#endif
>
>>         = MUSB_PERIPHERAL,
>> +#endif
>
> By the way ... the #ifdeffery should indeed vanish from all board
> configs except the Davinci DM6446 EVM.  That board is kind of quirky
> in terms of USB support, and needs jumpering to get host or peripheral
> mode (and can't do OTG).  I suspect some of the other boards did a bad
> thing and tried emulating what that board did.

For Overo this patch actually makes quite a bit of sense (and I have
been using something similar for quite some time).

The Overo COM itself has no USB connector -- the customer can choose
or create a daughter card with the type of USB connector appropriate
to their application, be it host, peripheral, or OTG.  Having the mode
easily settable via a config option allows them to use the standard
board file without modification.

Steve