On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Tony Lindgren <t...@atomide.com> wrote:
> * Govindraj <govindraj...@gmail.com> [100607 17:50]:

>> Looking into mach-omap2/mux.c
>>
>> Wouldn't retrieving offset will be enough as i have to depend on
>> again *_mux_* function call for remux which can have the offset and val
>> as parameter.
>
> You call omap_mux_request_signal with the signal name, and get
> the register address. Then you can just set it with readw/writew.
>
>> So I need to use  ""K15_24XX_UART3_TX" as name to retrieve
>> UART3 offset if I am correct and traverse through the list doing an strcmp
>> on name to retrieve offset.
>>
>> In that case I dont find uart1/2/4 in list,
>> Should that be added into the list?
>
> No, that's the old mux code. You want to do something like
>
> void __iomem *uart1_rx;
>
> uart1_rx = omap_mux_request_signal("uart1_rx");
> if (!uart1_rx)
>        return -ENODEV;

Thanks got it,

-> Shouldn't we just retrieve the offset and then use
    omap_ctrl_writew\ omap_ctrl_readw calls?

-> I hope muxmode configuration can be done in the
    existing code itself by manually populating the mode
   and use offset retrieved from omap_mux_request_signal
   and use omap_ctrl_writew.
   Any comment?

Govindraj.R