kishore kadiyala wrote:
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Adrian Hunter <adrian.hun...@nokia.com> wrote:
ext kishore kadiyala wrote:
Adrian ,

Sorry for the late response

<snip>
As per my email 5/5/10, I would suggest the only change to omap_hsmmc is:
Agreed  and followed the changes mostly but made some more changes on top
of it.

<snip>
And that the late init function is used to do the rest e.g.
find a home for these 3 functions:
I agree just having the 3 functions makes it work.

static int omap4_twl6030_hsmmc_late_init(struct device *dev)
{
      int ret = 0;
      struct platform_device *pdev = container_of(dev,
                                      struct platform_device, dev);
      struct omap_mmc_platform_data *pdata = dev->platform_data;

      /* MMC1 Card detect Configuration */
      if (pdev->id == 0) {
              ret = omap4_hsmmc1_card_detect_config();
              if (ret < 0)
                      pr_err("Unable to configure Card detect for
MMC1\n");
              pdata->slots[0].card_detect = twl6030_mmc_card_detect;
              pdata->slots[0].card_detect_irq = TWL6030_IRQ_BASE +
                                                MMCDETECT_INTR_OFFSET;
      }
      return ret;
<snip>

Few Comments below:

1) In the above function, initializing "card_detect"  in the driver as
done in omap_hsmmc_gpio_init might be more readable and this has been
done in nongpio_init instead.
Even having initialization of  "card_detect_irq" inside nongpio_init is
fine.
The problem is that referencing twl6030 from omap_hsmmc.c is not ok.
The driver must work with any platform and that is the reason that
platform data provides callbacks.

ok, in that case how about having handler initialized in
mach-omap2/hsmmc.c  for both gpio and non-gpio case.

Unless twl6030 is part of OMAP4 then it doesn't belong in hsmmc.c either

-Kishore
2)Also calling omap_hsmmc_gpio_init in case of a card detect line
which is not GPIO
doesn't make sense though it assigns -EINVAL to switch_pin in case of
invalid GPIO
which is intended for a non-removable card .

3) And also having some thing like GPIO and NON_GPIO flag to
distinguish might make sense.

Regards,
Kishore