Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazz...@free-electrons.com> writes:

> Hello Govindraj,
>
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:24:05 +0530
> Govindraj <govindraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you check if you have below two patches in the kernel you have?
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg02684.html
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg02683.html
>>
>> If not there can you check applying these two patch
>
> I have both of these patches in my kernel (I'm running the latest
> pm-core from Kevin's repository).

Hmm, using pm-core, I can hit full-chip retention in suspend on my
Beagle C4.

However, upgrading to a recent x-loader and u-boot, I can reproduce the
problem.

The problem is an old one that seems to have resurfaced.  Namely, u-boot
leaves the MUSB block in a state that prevents it from idling, and thus
prevents CORE from hitting RET.

I have a series of hacks for this in the PM branch (see my pm-otg-reset
branch) that fixes the problem, but is not clean.  This will work until
the omap_hwmod conversion for MUSB is done.   One of the perks we get
from omap_hwmod is that a reset is done for each hwmod ensuring that any
(mis)configuration of the bootloader is cleared and the HW is in a known
default state.

Kevin