On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 14:11 +0200, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 01:48:59PM +0300, Tero Kristo wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 12:05 +0200, Mark Brown wrote:
>
> > > No.  Why do you want these regulators to have anything to do with the
> > > TWL4030?
>
> > So, a completely new driver should be made for these? The reason I
> > wanted to put them within TWL4030 code is that they reside inside
> > TWL4030, and there is already some code for accessing these regulators
> > (in the standard I2C access method) from the twl-regulator.c.
>
> Well, if they're not perceptibly part of the same chip from a control
> point of view and need you to provide board specific callbacks it would
> seem logical...

Ok sounds fair enough, I'll rework this series to something like this
and re-post for commenting once I hear from Graeme also. I'll add a
compile time switch (or most likely use something existing) for
selecting which implementation to use for VDD1 and VDD2.

Thanks for comments.

-Tero

Texas Instruments Oy, Tekniikantie 12, 02150 Espoo. Y-tunnus: 0115040-6.
Kotipaikka: Helsinki