Hi Tero,

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Tero Kristo wrote:

> I've been looking at this now and got one question below. Otherwise your
> comments look okay to me and I can work with those.

Great.  As you work on it, please let me know if there's something that
doesn't make sense with this arrangement.  I think this will work, and
will move some code out of arch/arm/*omap*, but it's hard to tell, until
someone tries it.

> On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 11:12 +0200, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>
> > What I'd suggest is to create a short series that:
> >
> > 1. adds PRM hwmod data for OMAP2430+ platforms
>
> How should this be done? It believe all the data in the hwmods should be
> autogenerated somehow... should I just make a temporary hack patch for
> one platform that could be then autogenerated by someone for all omap
> platforms?

Only OMAP4 is autogenerated, currently.  OMAP2 & 3 are still done by hand.
I'd suggest starting with either OMAP4 (because the hwmod data should be
autogeneratable) or OMAP3 (because we know that one pretty well and the
hwmod data should not be too difficult to build).

If it would help, I'd be happy to do a first draft of the OMAP3430 PRM
hwmod data.

regards,

- Paul