Hi Paul,

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 11:20 +0200, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> Hi Tero,
>
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Tero Kristo wrote:
>
> > I've been looking at this now and got one question below. Otherwise your
> > comments look okay to me and I can work with those.
>
> Great.  As you work on it, please let me know if there's something that
> doesn't make sense with this arrangement.  I think this will work, and
> will move some code out of arch/arm/*omap*, but it's hard to tell, until
> someone tries it.
>
> > On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 11:12 +0200, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> >
> > > What I'd suggest is to create a short series that:
> > >
> > > 1. adds PRM hwmod data for OMAP2430+ platforms
> >
> > How should this be done? It believe all the data in the hwmods should be
> > autogenerated somehow... should I just make a temporary hack patch for
> > one platform that could be then autogenerated by someone for all omap
> > platforms?
>
> Only OMAP4 is autogenerated, currently.  OMAP2 & 3 are still done by hand.
> I'd suggest starting with either OMAP4 (because the hwmod data should be
> autogeneratable) or OMAP3 (because we know that one pretty well and the
> hwmod data should not be too difficult to build).
>
> If it would help, I'd be happy to do a first draft of the OMAP3430 PRM
> hwmod data.

If you can do this it would help, as you have much better understanding
of the hwmod data than I do. It will probably drop a couple of review
rounds away as the hwmod data would be close to what it should be from
beginning.

If you are busy with other things, I can see what I can craft myself.

> regards,
>
> - Paul

Texas Instruments Oy, Tekniikantie 12, 02150 Espoo. Y-tunnus: 0115040-6.
Kotipaikka: Helsinki