On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:34 +0100, Jean Pihet wrote:
> Tomi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkei...@ti.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 17:26 +0530, Govindraj wrote:

> >> btw,
> >>
> >> I think enabling cpu_idle and performance governor to should ensure that.
> >>
> >> However enabling performance governor boot fails.
> >
> > I thought so too, and tried it but got the same crash as you.
> >
> > However, I'd imagine that if I don't enable CPU idle or the governors,
> > the board would stay in full power mode always. But this doesn't seem to
> > be the case.
> >
> > Then again, I don't see how CPU power management could affect the DSS
> > directly. So it's probably something like: cpu goes to RET -> something
> > else is allowed go to lower power state (L3?) -> DSS breaks.
> It is probably related to the CORE state. Can you check if CORE goes
> to low power mode when CPU_IDLE is enabled?

This is without CPU_IDLE, i.e. when I'm having problems:

# cat /debug/pm_debug/count |grep -i core
core_pwrdm
(ON),OFF:0,RET:0,INA:0,ON:1,RET-LOGIC-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK1-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK2-OFF:0

According to that, core is always on.

> To prevent the CORE from going into a too-low power mode you need to
> request a PM QoS constraint, as Govindraj explained here above.

What different power modes there are? With the clock configs I'm using
(small display, low clock rates), both OPP100 and OPP50 should work
fine.

 Tomi