On 5/11/2012 11:22 AM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
Hi BenoƮt

On Fri, 11 May 2012, Cousson, Benoit wrote:

I do not have any clue about that chip, but is this clock really what it is
supposed to be? I mean, isn't the uart1_fck the parent of all the UART fck or
something like that. Don't we just have an issue becasue the clock names are
not accurate?

I guess that's what I'm trying to find out.

According to the AM3517 TRM rev. B (SPRUGR0B) Figure 14-20 "UART
Functional Integration" and Table 14-11 "UART Clocks", all of the UARTs
appear to have independent functional clocks.  The table even mentions a
CM_FCLKEN1_CORE.EN_UART4 bit.  But the PRCM chapter of this TRM doesn't
mention that at all.  So the documentation is not too useful here.

On the rest of the OMAPs, as far as I know, the UART clocks are all
separate.

In fact, not really. The same PER_48M_GFCLK clock is used for every UART instances in OMAP4. We do have a separate modulemode for each UART but as far as clocks are concerned, the source clock is the same.

Regards,
Benoit