On 23/07/12 14:34, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 01:23:50PM +0000, AnilKumar, Chimata wrote:

By the way, if we look at all the regulator added (DT supported) till now have
the similar problem.

arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q.dtsi

This is fine - the SoC contains integrated regulators which supply other
bits of the Soc so we can be confident that the hookup is good just
based on the silicon.

arch/arm/boot/dts/twl4030.dtsi
arch/arm/boot/dts/twl6030.dtsi

These appear to have similar issues and should be fixed, at least as far
as the voltage ranges go.

arch/arm/boot/dts/db8500.dtsi

I'm not actually seeing anything terribly problematic here, though the
regulator-name properties should really be removed as they're fairly
useless and seem to be missing the point of having the property.

I've missed the context of the thread, so can't comment, but I'm happy to remove the regulator-name properties from db8500.dts. Adding to my TODO.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro ST-Ericsson Landing Team Lead