Tony,

On 10/08/2013 01:09 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Suman Anna <s-a...@ti.com> [131003 10:07]:
>> The hwmod init sequence involves initializing and idling all the
>> hwmods during bootup. If a module class has sysconfig, the init
>> sequence utilizes the module register base for performing any
>> sysc configuration.
>>
>> The module address space is being removed from hwmod database and
>> retrieved from the <reg> property of the corresponding DT node.
>> If a hwmod does not have its corresponding DT node defined and the
>> memory address space is not defined in the corresponding
>> omap_hwmod_ocp_if, then the module register target address space
>> would be NULL and any sysc programming would result in a NULL
>> pointer dereference and a kernel boot hang.
>
> Hmm so is this needed as a fix for the -rcy cycle?

This is a dependency for a successful OMAP5 boot with Tero's clock
patches (just the clock patches won't help), but those are not in
3.12-rcy anyway. I will leave it upto you and Paul, it will be one less
patch that people need to worry about for booting OMAP5 if it can make
the -rcy cycle.

regards
Suman