Hi

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Suman Anna wrote:

> The hwmod init sequence involves initializing and idling all the
> hwmods during bootup. If a module class has sysconfig, the init
> sequence utilizes the module register base for performing any
> sysc configuration.

thanks for doing this.  A few comments:

1. The patch adds a warning when checked with 'checkpatch.pl --strict':

CHECK: Alignment should match open parenthesis
#109: FILE: arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c:2434:
+                       WARN(1, "omap_hwmod: %s: doesn't have mpu register
target base\n",
+                               oh->name);

The issue has been fixed in in the local copy, but please don't forget to
ensure that your patches don't generate any warnings[*] from
'checkpatch.pl --strict' before sending them.

[*] Well, with the possible exception of 80-column violations when
necessary.

2. -ENOMEM isn't the right error code to use here - it connotates "out of
memory" rather than "missing address space".  -ENXIO seems better, so I've
changed the patch to use that instead.

The patch has been queued provisionally, pending the outcome of testing.

- Paul