On 10/09/2013 09:12 AM, Joel Fernandes wrote:
> On 10/09/2013 02:38 AM, Daniel Mack wrote:
[..]
>> (And the 'v3' in the subject is really my bad, sorry - I only sent one
>> version of this patch ever).
>>
>> I can respin the patch on top of the proper driver once all the edma
>> bits have eventually been moved to drivers/dma. Is anyone continuing
>> Matt Porter's work on this?
>
> The work is waiting on conversion of the davinci-pcm ASoC driver to DMA
> Engine,
> which once done can make exposing the private EDMA API in
> arch/arm/common/edma.c
> obsolete and we can take it to drivers/dma. Some more work to be done in edma
> in
> unifying the probe etc.

Forgot to mention, since ASoC DMAengine conversion is not going to happen any
time soon considering the amount of work involved, I suggest you respin this
patch on the common/edma code itself. That way we can keep suspend/resume
working on these platforms that use EDMA till the actual conversion takes place.

I suggest though to recreate the state based on existing datastructures instead
of allocating/saving additional memory.

Hope you're also in agreement with my comments on your original patch on what
needs to / need not be saved.

thanks,

-Joel