For the life of me I can’t figure out how to connect to the iDRAC6 (racadm
login) (Im on a Dell R710 - iDRAC6 Enterprise) via the serial port. I go into
the bios and have Serial with Console Redirection to COM2. I then Enable RACADM
serial via the web gui. I then proceed to try to connect to the COM2 serial
port via minicom and I just keep getting nothing. Minicom says not connected -
Just a blank screen. I followed the manual and performed the <Esc> + <Shift>
<9> command and nothing. I also went into the bios and remove the console
redirection so that it’d just say Serial enabled without console redirection. I
then set external console port to COM2 and still nothing. Same problem.

I am not trying to connect to the serial console (a display of what the OS
has). I want to serial into the iDRAC itself so that I can run the racadm
commands. Looking at the manual it implies this can be done but nothing I am
trying works.

Thanks,
Adonis