From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Peter Williams
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:16 PM
To: Patrick Boutilier <bouti...@ednet.ns.ca>; linux-poweredge-Lists
<linux-powere...@lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] PowerEdge R210ii, Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, and
iDRAC6/IPMI

On Tue, 2016-09-13 at 13:21 -0300, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 09/13/2016 12:46 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> > Thanks! If I'm interpreting you correctly, it sounds like I *must*
> > to have some kind of VLAN tagging set up in order for network access
> > to work on a shared iDRAC/host Ethernet port?
>
> You don't need a vlan. We run some iDRAC 6 Expresses without vlan
> tagging. Is your server currently on a trunk or access port?

I *think* access port, but am not completely sure.

> I believe nic1 is just the first port of the onboard Broadcom.

That does seem more plausible to me. But the BIOS configuration screen refers
to LOMs and NICs right next to each other, which suggests to me that they're
different concepts, and it seems to me that LOM1 and LOM2 pretty clearly refer
to the two different ports.

Peter