Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:40:13 +0100
From: Eneko Lacunza <elacu...@binovo.es>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Advice regarding OMSA voltage data
To: linux-poweredge@dell.com

Hi all,

Yesterday we rebooted a T320 node and it got hung on boot (it is in a remote
location so don't know what was on screen).

A power cycle made the server boot, and it is working well now, but we're
getting "Unknown" readings for the following voltage sensors:

Voltage sensor 0 [CPU1 MEM VTT PG] is Unknown reading Voltage sensor 3 [CPU1
MEM VDDQ PG] is Unknown reading Voltage sensor 4 [CPU1 VTT PG] is Unknown
reading Voltage sensor 5 [CPU1 VCORE PG] is Unknown reading Voltage sensor 6
[CPU1 PLL PG] is Unknown reading Voltage sensor 11 [CPU1 VSA PG] is Unknown
reading Voltage sensor 14 [System Board BP1 5V PG] is Unknown reading

We get this info with check_openmanage as well as with OMSA 7.4 Web GUI.

Operating system is Proxmox VE (Debian-based) 3.4 with kernel 2.6.32-48 (this
is a RHEL kernel repackaged by Proxmox distribution).

I'm unsure about the source of the problem, could it be hardware-related (as it
was hung in the reboot?) or maybe software-related (kernel was updated, that
was the reason for the reboot)? Anyone has seen something like this?

Thanks a lot
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director T?cnico