Same here. I used the .D5 file and the webgui many times.
As suggested previously you might have to do a stepped upgrade.
For reference here's Readme, Firmware image, Linux bin and sign and Windows
EXE for 1.65:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=D8GP9

v1.60:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=
C9W60
v1.51: http://www.
dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=7JYVV

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:52 PM, Biel, Charles H <cb...@uta.edu> wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> I have a local archive of DRAC 5 firmware files that I used years ago.
>
> In it I have a Firmware 1.65 folder that contains:
>
> 23387512 Aug 16  2012 firmimg.d5
>
> I am sure I used it many times with success via the web gui upload method.
>
> If you are trying to upload exe files instead of d5 files, that may be the
> problem. Unzip the exe file to get the d5 file.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Charles
>

> On 4/4/18, 2:12 PM, "Linux-PowerEdge on behalf of wayne.weil...@dell.com"
> <linux-poweredge-boun...@dell.com on behalf of wayne.weil...@dell.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
>
>     Julien,
>     Very impressive that you a ten year old server is still running and
> meeting your needs.
>
>     As I am sure you are aware, support for that system has long since
> expired and I am having a hard time finding much expertise on the product.
> Best I can tell, we did not have iDrac 5 releases that correspond to the
> versions and dates you have noted.  Please ensure that you are not
> attempting to use an iDrac6 image.
>
>     What version of FW are you currently running?  You might try upgrading
> to the version immediately following the version you are currently
> running.  You may have to slowly work your way up to the latest by
> upgrading to each version sequentially.
>
>     Wayne Weilnau
>     Systems Management Technologist
>     Dell EMC| Server Solutions
>     wayne.weil...@dell.com

Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>