From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of James Mathiesen
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 6:38 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] RPM repo GPG key changed

Dell,

We also use Spacewalk and the limitation Jeff mentions will be a problem for us
as well.

There is no customer benefit in using stronger keys and signature algorithms if
Dell doesn’t stop requiring trust in the weaker keys and signature algorithms.
A complete transition would have been disruptive but at least be a one-time
cost with a clear fix, clear benefits and a clear end-state. Using the existing
1024-bit key with a stronger signing algorithm would have been non-disruptive
but provide lesser benefits.

If there is a commitment to improving customer security I don't see how this
specific change was a useful intermediate step.  If there is no commitment to
improving customer security this change was a waste of everybody's time.

james

On 6/28/18, 9:36 PM, "Linux-PowerEdge on behalf of Gottloeb, Jeff [US] (ES)"