Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On May 30 2007 16:35, Bill Davidsen wrote:
On 29 May 2007, Jan Engelhardt uttered the following:
from your post at
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-raid@vger.kernel.org/msg07384.html I
read that autodetecting arrays with a 1.x superblock is currently
impossible. Does it at least work to force the kernel to always assume
a 1.x sb? There are some 'broken' distros out there that still don't
use mdadm in initramfs, and recreating the initramfs each time is a
bit cumbersome...
The kernel build system should be able to do that for you, shouldn't it?

That would be an improvement, yes.

Hardly, with all the Fedora specific cruft. Anyway, there was a
simple patch posted in RH bugzilla, so I've gone with that.
I'm not sure what Fedora has to do with it, it is generally useful to all distributions. What I had in mind was a make target, so that instead of "install" as target, you could have "install_mdadm" in the Makefile. Or "mdadm_install" to be consistent with "modules_install" perhaps.

--
bill davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc