On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 12:38 -0400, John Stoffel wrote:

>     1, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2
>
>       Use the new version-1 format superblock.  This has few restrictions.
>       The different sub-versions store the superblock at different locations
>       on the device, either at the end (for 1.0), at the start (for 1.1) or
>       4K from the start (for 1.2).
>

> It looks to me that the 1.1, combined with the 1.0 should be what we
> use, with the 1.2 format nuked.  Maybe call it 1.3?  *grin*

You're somewhat misreading the man page.  You *can't* combine 1.0 with
1.1.  All of the above options: 1, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2; specifically mean to
use a version 1 superblock.  1.0 means use a version 1 superblock at the
end of the disk.  1.1 means version 1 superblock at beginning of disk.
`1.2 means version 1 at 4k offset from beginning of the disk.  There
really is no actual version 1.1, or 1.2, the .0, .1, and .2 part of the
version *only* means where to put the version 1 superblock on the disk.
If you just say version 1, then it goes to the default location for
version 1 superblocks, and last I checked that was the end of disk (aka,
1.0).

--
Doug Ledford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194